- Secured one of the first data protection related injunctions in this jurisdiction, as a result of unlawful processing of child data by multinational corporation, eBay. Read more
- Advised an international aviation company on a cyber-attack which affected up to 30,000 data records and liaised with the Data Protection Commission on the resolution of same
- Successfully defended an enforcement action by the Data Protection Commission against our client, a national clothes retailer, for alleged breaches of the ePrivacy Regulations
- Successfully resolved a cyber claim in which €300,000 was misappropriated by an Eastern European cybercriminal from an Irish firm of solicitors. The potential liability of the bank which facilitated the transaction was explored as well as the scope for holding the external IT contractors responsible for the loss. Through swift intervention, it proved possible to have the funds frozen in the Latvian bank and, with the assistance of a local firm of solicitors, the funds were successfully recovered in full following a court action, leaving the firm at no loss
- Responded to a cyber-attack on a firm of solicitors in Ireland through a phishing email scam whereby the sum of €30,000 was misappropriated from their client account, it proved possible to recover the sum of €15,000 from the English-based fraudster.