Lisa Killeen, Partner, leads our Banking and Finance group as well as our Construction and Engineering group. She joined the firm in 2013 and specialises in banking and finance, construction, commercial property, corporate restructuring and insolvency.
Acting for both lenders and borrowers in loan transactions, Lisa advises on all aspects of banking and finance transactions, including refinances, new lending and development finance. She regularly acts for national and multinational private and corporate clients on their borrowings, including new and revised loan facilities, negotiation of security and pre- drawdown requirements. She works with leading Irish financial institutions on lending, including drafting and reviewing of facility agreements, drafting security packages and related corporate documents, completing security reviews, advising on complex financial assistance, other legal issues, managing condition precedent compliance and the transaction closing process.
Lisa acts for both public and private sector clients on construction projects. She navigates clients through all legal issues arising throughout all stages of projects, including project procurement, planning permission for the development, construction, contract drafting and negotiation, project insurances, project security and building regulation compliance. She regularly acts for lenders and borrowers on development finance transactions. Our construction team represent our clients in litigious matters which can arise in construction projects and alternative dispute resolution mechanisms such as mediation, conciliation, adjudication and arbitration. Lisa supports our lawyers dealing with the contentious matters with her technical skills.
Practising in all aspects of commercial property law Lisa acts in property acquisitions and disposals, property financing and property investment on behalf of corporate, individual clients and state and semi-state bodies. In addition, she has considerable experience in commercial leasing, having acted for many years for both landlords and tenants in retail, office and other commercial letting transactions.
With significant insolvency experience, Lisa advises receivers and financial institutions on enforcement of security, the disposal of secured assets and corporate restructuring. She regularly advises liquidators of secured assets and directors in insolvent companies
Recent Work Highlights
- Advising The Land Development Agency on the acquisition of 95 three- and four-bedroom cost rental homes in Citywest, South Co. Dublin under a new cost-rental scheme
- Acting in the sale of a large nursing home property and business with a value of €22 million
- Advising Limerick Twenty Thirty Strategic DAC in the creation of a unique joint venture partnership with Ireland Strategic Investment Fund, part of the National Treasury Management Agency to finance the development of the One Opera Square project in Limerick
- Acting for a solar energy company in respect of a project funding facility by way of subscription agreement with related security requirements to the value of €30 million
- Advising on a term loan facility to part fund the acquisition of a site with planning permission for a 396 bed student accommodation in Cork city centre
- Acting in a construction project for 53 residential units in a social housing project in Galway city for a property developer. Work included drafting an amended form of RIAI construction contract and negotiating a €7.5 million contract
- Acting for a property development company (and its group companies) in respect of their entry into two finance transactions to re-finance existing loans and to part fund the refurbishment of a hotel property in Limerick city by way of conversion into 61 new residential units. Our team also acted in respect of the related property and construction elements of this deal.
- Advising private borrowers on the loan and security requirements for the development, by way of extensive refurbishment, of a commercial premises in Dublin city centre
- Acting in a €100 million biomass power plant construction project for a corporate client. Work includes reviewing the heads of terms, negotiating the form of construction contract, advising on project security, project insurances and building regulation compliance
- Advising on all lender security requirements for borrowed facilities in excess of €50 million for a corporate client. Work includes advising on real property security and share charge securities to support existing securities already held by the lender pursuant to a facilities agreement
- Advising on a loan facility of €23 million in order to facilitate the acquisition of a residential property portfolio for our client a real estate company. Work includes reviewing and negotiating the LMA type facilities agreement, considering and advising on legal conditions precedent, reviewing and negotiating the security documents, considering company law issues, drafting ancillary closing documents to include corporate authorisations and attending to the closing of the financing aspects of the transaction
- Advising on the acquisition of a site and its future development as a nursing home facility for a developer client. Our advices span all legal issues, to include the commercial property purchase, the construction contracts to include a development agreement and a building contract, the engagement of the design team and all associated deeds of appointment and collateral warranties and any funding aspects of the project
- Advised Irish pillar bank on a €6 million development finance facility to fund the construction of a large extension to an existing motorway service station hub
- Advising Irish pillar bank on a €8 million development finance facility to a borrower/developer who is constructing 16 residential housing units in County Limerick
- Advising Irish pillar bank on a €1.7 million revolving credit facility to a property development company for the construction of 31 residential units in Castlebar, Co. Mayo. Our team also reviewed and approved all construction documents in relation to the development on behalf of the bank and investigated and certified title to the development site.
- Member of the Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioners
- Director of EVA International, Ireland’s leading visual arts biennial
- Member of the Law Society of Ireland
- Member of the Financial Services Bar Association
- Director of Limerick Chamber.
- National University of Ireland, Galway, Bachelor in Corporate Law
- National University of Ireland, Galway, LLB
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Commercial Conveyancing
- Law Society of Ireland, Certificate in Banking Law and Practice
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Construction Law
- Ingenium Smart Choice Leadership Programme, Certificate in Leadership
- Admitted to the Law Society of Ireland.