Lisa Killeen, Partner, leads our Banking and Finance group as well as our Construction and Engineering group. She joined the firm in 2013 and specialises in banking and finance, construction, commercial property, corporate restructuring and insolvency.
Acting for both lenders and borrowers in loan transactions, Lisa advises on all aspects of banking and finance transactions, including refinances, new lending and development finance. She regularly acts for national and multinational private and corporate clients on their borrowings, including new and revised loan facilities, negotiation of security and pre- drawdown requirements. She works with leading Irish financial institutions on lending, including drafting and reviewing of facility agreements, drafting security packages and related corporate documents, completing security reviews, advising on complex financial assistance, other legal issues, managing condition precedent compliance and the transaction closing process.
Lisa acts for both public and private sector clients on construction projects. She navigates clients through all legal issues arising throughout all stages of projects, including project procurement, planning permission for the development, construction, contract drafting and negotiation, project insurances, project security and building regulation compliance. She regularly acts for lenders and borrowers on development finance transactions. Our construction team represent our clients in litigious matters which can arise in construction projects and alternative dispute resolution mechanisms such as mediation, conciliation, adjudication and arbitration. Lisa supports our lawyers dealing with the contentious matters with her technical skills.
Practising in all aspects of commercial property law Lisa acts in property acquisitions and disposals, property financing and property investment on behalf of corporate, individual clients and state and semi-state bodies. In addition, she has considerable experience in commercial leasing, having acted for many years for both landlords and tenants in retail, office and other commercial letting transactions.
With significant insolvency experience, Lisa advises receivers and financial institutions on enforcement of security, the disposal of secured assets and corporate restructuring. She regularly advises liquidators of secured assets and directors in insolvent companies
Recent Work Highlights
- Acting in a construction project for 53 residential units in a social housing project in Galway city for a property developer. Work includes drafting an amended form of RIAI construction contract and negotiating a €7.5m contract
- Acting in a €100m biomass power plant construction project for a corporate client. Work includes reviewing the heads of terms, negotiating the form of construction contract, advising on project security, project insurances and building regulation compliance
- Advising on all lender security requirements for borrowed facilities in excess of €50m for a corporate client. Work includes advising on real property security and share charge securities to support existing securities already held by the lender pursuant to a facilities agreement
- Advising on a loan facility of €23m in order to facilitate the acquisition of a residential property portfolio for our client a real estate company. Work includes reviewing and negotiating the LMA type facilities agreement, considering and advising on legal conditions precedent, reviewing and negotiating the security documents, considering company law issues, drafting ancillary closing documents to include corporate authorisations and attending to the closing of the financing aspects of the transaction
- Advising on the acquisition of a site and its future development as a nursing home facility for a developer client. Our advices span all legal issues, to include the commercial property purchase, the construction contracts to include a development agreement and a building contract, the engagement of the design team and all associated deeds of appointment and collateral warranties and any funding aspects of the project
- Advised Irish pillar bank on a €6m development finance facility to fund the construction of a large extension to an existing motorway service station hub
- Advising Irish pillar bank on a €8m development finance facility to a borrower/developer who is constructing 16 residential housing units in County Limerick.
- Member of the Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioners
- Director of EVA International, Ireland’s leading visual arts biennial
- Member of the Law Society of Ireland.
- National University of Ireland, Galway, Bachelor in Corporate Law
- National University of Ireland, Galway, LLB
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Commercial Conveyancing
- Law Society of Ireland, Certificate in Banking Law and Practice
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Construction Law
- Ingenium Smart Choice Leadership Programme, Certificate in Leadership
- Admitted to the Law Society of Ireland.