Stephen Walker, Of Counsel, specialises in corporate and commercial. He joined the firm in 2020. With over 25 years’ experience he was previously managing partner of Whitney Moore for eight years.
Corporate M&A and Investments
Stephen advises on share & asset sales and acquisitions, equity investments, fund raising, corporate finance and venture capital.
With particular expertise in commercial contracts, he advises on shareholder agreements, partnerships, joint ventures and corporate reorganisations. Stephen advises start-up companies on all areas, including funding and employee stock ownership plans (ESOP’s).
Corporate Governance & Companies Act Compliance
Stephen advises management teams, boards of directors and shareholders on corporate governance, Companies Act compliance, directors duties, governance standards, GDPR, cyber security and protected disclosures.
Having extensive experience in acting for and supporting small, medium sized and large corporates he advises them in relation to all their commercial activities. He also assists in foreign direct investment, particularly from the USA.
Recent Work Highlights
- Advised Amarenco Solar on borrowing €12m from Cantor Fitzgerald Ireland Corporate Finance Ltd in bonds so to finance its growth in the Republic and international market
- Acted for Amarenco Solar in an investment by IDIA of €150m
- Advised IT Force Limited on the sale of the company to Unity Technologies
- Advised the shareholders of Oceanpath Seafood on the sale of Oceanpath Seafood to Iceland Seafood International
- Advised the shareholders of Avant Air and Sea on the sale of Avant Air and Sea to Rhenus Beteiligungen International GmbH
- Acted in the sale of a risk management business to a major life company
- Acted in the purchase of a company with multiple retail outlets
- Acted in the sale of a multinational packaging company.
- Member of Board of Meritas (worldwide legal network of 181 law firms) (2014 -2017)
- Accredited Mediator with CEDR (Centre for effective Dispute Resolution)
- Member of the Law Society of Ireland.
- Trinity College Dublin, BA
- CEDR (Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution), Accredited Mediator
- Admitted to the Law Society of Ireland.