Robert Kennedy, Partner, leads our Insurance and Risk group as well as our Retail and Manufacturing group and has been with the firm since 1994.
He specialises in insurance defence injury litigation in the Circuit and Superior Courts. With specialist expertise in defending employer’s liability, public liability and motor claims, Robert has acted in the defence of many catastrophic brain and serious injury claims for insurers. He has extensive experience acting in professional negligence claims, representing solicitors, engineers, architects and insurance brokers. He advises clients on claims involving insurance law, international business law and legal issues related to employment of non-resident workers, in addition to court practice and procedure.
Robert provides legal advice to a varied group of local, national and international clients that operate within diverse business sectors, ranging from local authorities to multinational corporations and international insurers.
- Past President of Limerick Solicitors Bar Association
- Member of Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL)
- Member of Professional Negligence Lawyers Association (PNLA)
- Past Law Society of Ireland lecturer in civil litigation, courts practice and procedure
- Member of the Law Society of Ireland.
- University College Cork, BComm
- Admitted to the Law Society of Ireland.