Harry Fehily is our Managing Partner. He has a broad range of experience having worked supporting clients across multiple practice areas. He is an experienced Commercial Litigation Solicitor and a CEDR (Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution) Accredited Mediator.
Having extensive experience of advising clients across a range of contentious and non- contentious matters, Harry practices with an emphasis on commercial litigation and financial lines claims, including professional negligence litigation, cyber claims and claims against directors and officers. He also has extensive experience of resolving property related disputes and shareholders’ disputes. He practices extensively in the Commercial Court (a commercial division of the High Court) and is vastly experienced in dealing with cases in this venue.
His work involves dealing with high profile contentious disputes concerning public and private bodies. Harry advises on public administrative law as it relates to State bodies, disputes and investigations concerning public bodies, judicial review, employment law disputes (particularly as they impact on the board and chief executives of companies), contentious issues as they impact on environmental law, procurement, planning law and health and safety law.
He has developed considerable experience in the area of construction law.
With extensive experience in insolvency and corporate recovery, Harry represents liquidators, receivers and examiners. He has been involved in high profile examinerships. Having developed a particular expertise in assisting both the company itself entering into the examinership process, he also provides advice to creditors of the company entering into examinership.
Harry practises in the area of dispute resolution and has been involved in many mediations. He is an accredited mediator through CEDR (Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution) in London.
- Chairman of University of Limerick Foundation
- Member of Professional Negligence Lawyers Association (PNLA)
- Member of Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL)
- Member of the Law Society of Ireland’s Guidance and Ethics Committee’s Panel to assist solicitors in difficulty with the Law Society
- Member of International Lawyer’s Network
- Past President of Limerick Chamber of Commerce
- Special advisor to Mid-Western Hospitals Trust
- Member of International Board of Kemmy Business School
- Former chairman of University of Limerick Concert Hall
- Founding Member of Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioners
- Member of the Law Society of Ireland.
- National University of Ireland Galway, BA
- Law Society of Ireland, Certificate in Judicial Review
- CEDR (Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution), Accredited Mediator
- Admitted to the Law Society of Ireland.
- Not-For-Profit and Charities
- Financial Services
- Food, Beverage and Agribusiness
- Healthcare, Pharma and Life Science
- Hospitality and Leisure
- Investing in Ireland
- Public Sector
- Real Estate
- Construction and Engineering
- Retail and Manufacturing
- Technology, Media and Telecom
- Energy and Natural Resources
Holmes O’Malley Sexton's managing partner Harry Fehily is involved in a wide range of disputes on behalf of corporate clients, being particularly active in the construction and insurance sectors. Clients say that he is "commercial and communicates clearly and concisely."
Dispute Resolution | Chambers Global 2021
Harry Fehily is best known for his handling of claims arising under financial lines policies. He has experience in professional liability claims brought against insured accountants. He also defends EL/PL claims. Sources say that he is "knowledgeable and efficient."
Insurance Dispute Resolution | Chambers Europe 2021
Holmes O’Malley Sexton's managing partner Harry Fehily is involved in a wide range of disputes on behalf of corporate clients, being particularly active in the construction and insurance sectors. Clients say that he is "commercial and communicates clearly and concisely.
Dispute Resolution | Chambers Europe 2021
Contentious construction and debt collection matters are a growing area for the team, led by Harry Fehily, Michael Murphy, and Pat McInerney.
Legal 500 EMEA 2021 | Dispute Resolution
Awards, Membership and Recognition