Audrey Browne, Associate, specialises in insurance litigation. She joined the firm in 2017.
Audrey has extensive experience in all areas of civil and criminal litigation including plaintiff and defence litigation. She handles defence litigation on behalf of domestic and international insurers and self-insured corporations. Her work encompasses the areas of employer, motor, public and product liability.
Advising insurers and self-insured companies in the defence of personal injury actions in the Circuit Court, High Court and Court of Appeal, Audrey provides a comprehensive start to finish litigation service including a pre-litigation advice on initial investigations, liability, quantum and tactics. She is an expert at negotiating with a view to avoiding litigation where at all possible, up to negotiation of costs on conclusion of litigation.
In addition to insurance defence work, Audrey also represents private clients in the defence of road traffic offences and criminal matters in the District Court.
- Member of Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL)
- Member of the Law Society of Ireland.
- University College Cork, BCL
- University College Dublin, L.L.M. Commercial Law
- Law Society of Ireland, Certificate in Personal Insolvency Practitioner Course
- Admitted to the Law Society of England and Wales
- Admitted to the Law Society of Ireland.
Key lawyers: Michael Murphy; Anna Owens; Wayne Finn; Audrey Browne. ‘Shown a consistency in their professionalism, approach, knowledge of the law and ability to deal with large and complicated litigation matters’
Insurance | Legal 500 EMEA 2021
Awards, Membership and Recognition