Mark Healy, Senior Associate, specialises in insurance litigation and dispute resolution. He joined the firm in 2023.
Mark practices in our Insurance Litigation unit, specialising in personal injury defence and financial lines litigation for insurers and self-insured corporate entities with particular focus on professional indemnity claims, coverage disputes and large-scale property damage claims. Mark has over 17 years’ experience in acting for international and domestic insurance companies, loss adjusters, financial institutions, statutory bodies, large corporate and construction entities and private clients.
Mark also has considerable expertise in handling employer’s liability, public liability, occupier’s liability, road traffic and property damage claims and acts for insurer clients in the management of large loss and catastrophic injury claims.
Mark’s dispute resolution work focuses primarily on Arbitrations and Mediations.
Recent Work Highlights
- Formed part of the insurance team that uncovered and contested the well-publicised Galway RTA fraud-ring cases that resulted in significant Media and Garda attention on the activity of insurance fraud gangs in Ireland.
- Handles a significant and challenging book of sizeable professional indemnity and personal injury claims for a large-scale company that recently went into liquidation.
- Acted on behalf of various national and international insurance companies for the recovery of large-scale outlays on property damage claims relating to both public and private construction projects, with values ranging between €1,000,000 - €20,000,000.
- Was involved in the defence of the high-profile billion-euro aircraft leasing coverage claims on behalf of certain Insurers.
Member of Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL)
Member of the Law Society of Ireland
- University College Cork BA
- University of Limerick MA
- Admiitted to the Law Sociaety of Ireland