Marguerite Seymour, Senior Associate, specialises in commercial litigation and dispute resolution. She joined the firm in 2019.
With a proven record of providing clients with commercial and results focused advice which meets their business needs, Marguerite has significant experience advising clients on a wide range of commercial disputes and complex litigation, regularly representing clients in the Commercial Court. She represents clients in large-scale commercial and multiparty litigation, including acting in negligence claims, contractual disputes, financial services disputes, judicial review cases, injunctions, shareholder disputes, specific performance actions and property disputes in the Superior Courts. She regularly advises clients of alternative dispute resolution options, representing clients in mediations, arbitrations and commercial negotiations.
Marguerite practices in the non-jury area in professional negligence defence litigation, advising in financial lines claims involving architects, engineers, solicitors and insurance brokers. She has considerable experience assessing liability and quantum issues and advising insurers on coverage and indemnity matters particularly for regulated professions.
Marguerite acts for international and domestic insurance companies, loss adjusters, financial institutions, investment organisations, SME’s, large corporates and private clients.
Recent Work Highlights
- Representing architects, engineers, solicitors and insurance brokers in professional negligence defence litigation in the Superior Courts and Circuit Court
- Representing a leading Irish estate agent and Irish broadsheet newspaper in High Court defamation action
- Advising domestic and international insurers on insurance litigation to include coverage and indemnity matters particularly for regulated professions
- Representing international and domestic insurance companies, large corporates and private clients in alternative dispute resolution options including mediation and arbitration
- Acting for large agri-tech business in high value Commercial Court action against its supplier
- Advising one of Ireland's leading civil engineering companies on its commercial arrangements and litigation matters.
- Member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association (PNLA)
- Member of Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL)
- Former Co-Chairperson of the DSBA Younger Members Committee
- Member of Law Society of Ireland.
- University College Dublin, BCL
- Law Society of Ireland, Commercial Litigation Diploma
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales
- Admitted to the Law Society of Ireland.