Gillian Butler, Associate, joined the firm in 2021.
She specialises in commercial property, construction, banking and finance, restructuring and insolvency, together with regulatory compliance.
With experience acting in the acquisition, disposal and leasing of commercial property, Gillian also advises commercial and private clients on the financing of their acquisitions together with financial restructuring.
Whether it is a short term business letting agreement or a Full Repairing and Insuring / Internal Repairing and Insuring Lease, Gillian provides expert advice on all landlord and tenant matters.
Gillian has also acted for one of the main lending institutions in the country and advised the bank and receivers on the sale of distressed properties.
Working with a range of clients, Gillian acts for the owners and developers of shopping centres, public sector bodies, nursing homes, pharmacies, receivers, asset managers and lending institutions.
Recent Work Highlights
- Creation of a unique joint venture partnership for Limerick Twenty Thirty Strategic DAC with Ireland Strategic Investment Fund, part of the National Treasury Management Agency to finance the development of the One Opera Square project in Limerick
- Disposal and acquisition of property for Coillte
- Acquisition of a commercial development in Limerick comprising of retail and medical units
- Acquisition of a pharmacy by way of share purchase agreement
- Property acquisition and disposals together with lease advices for a property developer and shopping centre owner
- Management of a large portfolio for the sale of repossessed properties for one of the leading Irish banks.
Member of the Law Society of Ireland.
- University of Limerick, Law and European Studies
- Law Society of Ireland, Certificate in Data Protection
- Law Society of Ireland, Certificate in Technology Law
- Admitted to the Law Society of Ireland.
- Real Estate
- Construction and Engineering
- Public Sector
- Energy and Natural Resources
- Financial Services
- Food, Beverage and Agribusiness
- Healthcare, Pharma and Life Science
- Hospitality and Leisure
- Investing in Ireland
- Not-For-Profit and Charities
- Retail and Manufacturing
- Technology, Media and Telecom