Holmes has an ever-growing presence in the construction sector and we are proud to act for a number of high profile, multi-national construction companies. Our commercial litigation team regularly advise on disputes arising out of a broad range of construction contracts.
We are experienced in dealing with and advising on the various forms of standard contracts, used both in Ireland and the UK, to include the public works contracts (CF1-CF5), FIDIC, NEC, JCT, RIAI and IChemE. Our recent experience in this area has included:-
- Advising a semi-state body in relation to a €1.5m conciliation with a multi-national construction contractor
- Successfully defending a multi-national construction company in an adjudication under the Construction Contracts Act 2013
- Advising a renowned national construction company in a purported termination of works by its employer, a third level educational institute and a subsequent conciliation with the said employer
- Regularly advising public and private sector clients on interpretation of PWC and FIDIC conditions of contract
- Advising on multi-jurisdictional claim under a construction contract worth £3.3m relating to the supply of a defective product involving conflicting contractual provisions and laws
- Successfully injuncted a sub-contractor for abuse of process for threatening to wind up our client, a multi-national construction company, for failure to pay a disputed invoice
- Advising generally on payment disputes and debt recovery mechanisms pursuant to construction contracts.