We advise on the enforcement of domestic and foreign judgments. Our advice incorporates a review of the judgment secured, a clear explanation of enforcement options, a pragmatic cost / benefit analysis on enforcement within the jurisdiction, tracing, and asset searches, as well as timely enforcement applications in the Irish courts.
Enforcement options include:
- Instructing court sheriffs to seize and sell assets
- Publishing notification of judgments in the Register of Judgments
- Registration of judgment mortgage over relevant property
- Issuing and progressing instalment proceedings in the District Court.
- Examining debtors and related persons, such as company directors, as to the whereabouts of assets to help with the execution of judgments
- Employing enquiry, searching and tracing agents to trace and verify data on debtors and their property
- Securing garnishee orders
- Appointing receivers by way of equitable execution
- Court applications to charge shares held by a debtor
- Issuing and progressing well charging proceedings in respect of property
- Notices to wind up pursuant to the Companies Acts
- Advising on the enforcement of historic / assigned judgments