Through a three phased approach, Holmes, together with our consultants Ingenium, can support the creation of a culture of corporate governance excellence with our company-specific approach to corporate governance training, underpinned by years of expertise and execution:
Audit & Assessment – Phase 1
In the first phase experienced solicitors from Holmes will perform an audit and gap analysis on the current corporate governance procedures and policies within your organisation.
- Audit & Gap analysis: The team evaluates your organisation's critical components for corporate governance.
- Update to policies & procedures: Through an analysis of your organisation, we assess the principles and level of compliance responsible for and affecting corporate governance. Following the assessment, Holmes recommend applicable requirements and regulations for consideration.
Training & Sustainment – Phase 2
This phase is facilitated by Ingenium as an optional module to facilitate and embed corporate governance excellence as the keystone of your organisations culture. The key to successful learning is the application of the 70:20:10 rule empowering our clients to create highly personalised learning experiences which will expand knowledge and capabilities, inspire teams, invent new possibilities, and shape an agile future for their organisations.
- The 10% begins with an understanding of what corporate governance is, why it matters, the critical components involved in the subject, and how adopting a culture of good corporate governance is essential for leaders to be successful in a sustainable manner. This is delivered through our easily accessible and dedicated learning management system, Cloud Connect.
- The 20% connects your organisation's talent with leading industry experts through an interactive Masterclass, accelerating the learning process by translating module learning outcomes into solutions that address unique and salient organisational challenges, thus tackling operational opportunities with pragmatic solutions and mitigations, lowering the risk profile.
- The 70% cascades from the Masterclass based on the action learning and problem-solving focus of the organisation participants, incorporating the personal & organisational learnings into personal development plans linked to performance metrics. This will facilitate the creation of an organisation specific case studies to challenge on the job tasks delivering governance excellence.
Post Intervention Assessment – Phase 3
Armed with a deeper understanding and contextualised by phase two, Holmes will build a high-performing governance policy by reflecting and anticipating the needs of your organisation with the help of internal stakeholders and key decision-makers.
- Post-training audit and gap analysis: Facilitated by Holmes governance specialists to embed the learning and development achieved through phase two, proactively anticipating the future needs of business delivering a superior experience of service.
- Change and sustainment initiatives: This phase is facilitated by Holmes governance specialists will recommend initiatives to ensure continued governance, providing expert support and insight with comprehensive best practises.
Benefits to your Organisation of the Three-Phased Approach
Together we will create and sustain a culture of governance excellence through this approach.
- Reliable and objective assessment of conditions in an organisation's corporate governance principles and processes provides recommendations for future development.
- Co-creation of solutions with executives and board members, instilling ownership.
- It increased knowledge & understanding of corporate governance rules.
- Supports the statutory and supervisory requirements and regulations for external bodies.
- Creating accountability and sustainment through a governance charter.
- Improves communication process between individual units of an organisation.
Managing Partner Harry Fehily has an innate talent for client service.
Corporate, Commercial and M&A | Legal 500 EMEA 2020
Shane Costelloe is professional, flexible and show a passion for the ultimate success of their client’s business.
Corporate, Commercial and M&A | Legal 500 EMEA 2020
The Holmes team have particular expertise in the education sector, representing a number of universities, acting for a range of state and semi-state bodies and statutory corporations. Harry Fehily has extensive experience of judicial reviews and regulatory investigations.
Public Sector | Legal 500 EMEA 2020
Holmes insurance practice, which is based in Limerick is led by Robert Kennedy. The firm has substantial experience of defending clients against insurance claims, having acted for a number of prominent insurers.
Insurance | Legal 500 EMEA 2020
Very capable team strong at advising growing Irish companies on inbound M&A and private equity investments. Provides a ‘legal health check’ risk identification and mitigation service.
Corporate, Commercial and M&A | Legal 500 EMEA 2021
Meet the Team
- Banking and Finance
- Commercial Contracts
- Commercial Property
- Company Secretarial Services
- Corporate Governance, Sustainability and ESG Advisory
- Corporate Recovery
- Data Security and Privacy
- Debt Recovery
- Employment, Pensions and Benefits
- EU, Competition and State Aid
- Insurance Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation and Disputes
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Investments
- Procurement and Tendering
- Public and Administrative Law
- Regulatory Compliance
- Restructuring and Insolvency
- White Collar Crime
- Construction and Engineering
- Energy and Natural Resources
- Financial Services
- Food, Beverage and Agribusiness
- Healthcare, Pharma and Life Science
- Hospitality and Leisure
- Investing in Ireland
- Not-For-Profit and Charities
- Public Sector
- Real Estate
- Retail and Manufacturing
- Technology, Media and Telecom