Shane Costelloe, Associate, specialises in employment law, corporate and commercial and public sector work and joined the firm in 2012. He leads our Charity and Not-for-Profit group.
Specialising in employment law, Shane advises corporate clients on all aspects including contentious and non-contentious matters. He assists clients in drafting employment contracts, contractor agreements and HR policies and procedures. Providing ongoing support to HR managers, Shane advises on internal reorganisations and rationalisations, lay off, short-time, redundancies, terminations, and audits of employment-related documentation and the transfer of undertakings. He regularly represents employers in employment disputes including applications for injunctions, actions for unfair dismissal and all claims under employment legislation before the Workplace Relations Commission, the Labour Court and the civil courts.
Having trained as a corporate lawyer, Shane has extensive experience in the drafting of commercial agreements, advising on general corporate matters and corporate transaction advices including mergers & acquisitions. He has a strong commercial and financial background as a result of having also worked with an international accountancy firm.
Shane acts for SMEs, multi-national private corporate clients, statutory bodies, charities and NFP Organisations, international & domestic insurance companies, PLCs and financial institutions.
Recent Work Highlights
- Successfully obtained an employment injunction for an international construction firm
- Drafting of employment contracts and Employee Handbook for agri-food businesses, construction firms, engineering firms and multi-nationals
- Defending equality and employment claims for multi-national technology company in the WRC and Labour Court
- Defending employment claim for unfair dismissal for large indigenous food industry SME
- Acting for large property company in a collective redundancy
- Defending a large international transport company in the Labour Court.
- Lectures at University of Limerick Kemmy School of Business
- Annual contributor to the Limerick Institute of Technology Enterprise Ireland New Frontiers Programme
- Delivers webinars for Shannon and Limerick Chamber of Commerce
- Employment law article contributor for Journal Media Group’s business website Fora.ie and the Sunday Business Post
- Member of the British Association for Sport and Law
- Member of the Law Society of Ireland.
- University College Dublin, BA
- UCD Michael Smurfit Business School, Masters in Management
- Ingenium Smart Choice Leadership Programme, Certificate in Leadership
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Employment Law
- Admitted to the Law Society of Ireland.