Nicola Hackett, Senior Solicitor, specialises in banking, finance, commercial property and construction. She joined the firm in 2015.
Experienced acting for both borrowers and lenders, Nicola advises private and corporate clients on their borrowings, including new and revised loan facilities, negotiation of security and pre-drawdown requirements. Acting for leading Irish financial institutions, Nicola advises on loan facilities and associated loan and security requirements, including property and due diligence exercises.
Advising both lenders and borrowers on construction law issues arising in banking development finance transactions, Nicola reviews and drafts construction documentation such as construction contracts, professional appointments, professional team collateral warranties, bonds, guarantees, and securities.
Having experience in commercial property matters, Nicola advises on commercial lettings and property disposals.
She acts for leading Irish financial institutions, public sector clients, investors and developers.
Recent Work Highlights
- Advising Limerick Twenty Thirty Strategic DAC in the creation of a unique joint venture partnership with Ireland Strategic Investment Fund, part of the National Treasury Management Agency to finance the development of the One Opera Square project in Limerick
- Advised corporate client on the financing by an Irish pillar bank of the acquisition of a nursing home group and ancillary independent living units for a facility of €8m million
- Advising a bank on a €6m development finance facility to fund the construction of a large extension to an existing motorway service station hub along the M7.
- Committee Member of the Limerick Solicitors’ Bar Association
- Former Secretary of the Limerick Solicitors Bar Association in 2021 and 2022
- Tutor at the Law Society of Ireland Professional Practice Course
- Member of the Law Society of Ireland.
- University of Limerick, LLB
- Admitted to the Law Society of Ireland.
Awards, Membership and Recognition