Grace Lee, Solicitor, joined the firm in 2017.
She specialises in commercial and insurance litigation, employment law and public sector work.
Grace is experienced in insurance litigation and has considerable experience acting for domestic and international insurers, she defends claims involving contractors, architects, engineers, solicitors, barristers, and insurance brokers. She is experienced in advising insurers on coverage and indemnity issues and assessing liability, quantum, and tactics.
Grace specialises in employment law, advising corporate clients on all aspects including contentious and non-contentious matters. She assists in drafting employment contracts and HR policies and procedures. Grace regularly represents the employer in employment disputes including applications for injunctions, actions for unfair dismissal and all claims under employment law legislation before the Workplace Relations Commission, the Labour Court and the civil courts. Grace advises on lay off, short-time, redundancies, and terminations.
Grace is experienced in the defence of personal injury actions before both the Circuit and Superior Courts.
Recent Work Highlights
- Representing architects, engineers, solicitors, and insurance brokers in professional negligence defence litigation in the Superior Courts and Circuit Court.
- Advising domestic and international insurers on insurance litigation to include coverage and indemnity matters.
- Advising a commercial semi-state body on several litigious matters.
- Acting for a large Agri-tech business in high value Commercial Court action against its supplier.
- Drafting of employment contracts and employee handbooks for agri-food businesses, construction firms, engineering firms and multi-nationals.
- Advising on the legality of recurring fixed term contracts for a particular employee of a public sector body.
- Preparing thorough and detailed employment applications, including Critical Skills Employment Permits and Intra-Company Transfer Employment Permits, to the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation for number of private clients and employers.
- Member of the Law Society of Ireland.
- University College Cork, BCL (Clinical)
- Admitted to the Law Society of Ireland