George Kennedy, Partner, leads our corporate and commercial services. He leads our Investing in Ireland group as well as our Technology, Media and Telecommunications group. George takes a pro-active and innovative approach to progress of our corporate services. Since joining the firm in 2011 from A&L Goodbody, he has been instrumental in our growth and development as a leading contender in the transaction and advisory market.
Through years of experience he has developed an excellent commercial understanding of the risks and challenges facing clients and the sectors in which they operate. He takes a proactive approach to refining our services and spearheads many collaborations within the firm.
George has particular expertise in the following:
- Corporate M&A and investments
- Commercial contracts
- Corporate consulting services
- Corporate governance and Companies Act compliance.
Corporate M&A and Investments
Providing specialist advice and representation on mergers & acquisitions and all types of corporate law, George’s key services include:
- Funding strategic growth strategies
- Corporate succession planning
- Share sales and purchases
- Sales and purchases of business and assets
- Due diligence
- Project management.
He advises clients from subsidiaries of international organisations to large private and public indigenous companies.
George has extensive experience in commercial advices, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements for public and private sector clients. George and his team provide services including shareholder agreements and constitutions, T&C’s of sale & purchase, joint venture (JV) agreements, Intra-group arrangements and service level agreements.
Corporate Consulting Services
By providing innovative, proactive and interactive corporate consulting services, George gets ahead of issues before they cause problems for clients. His services include claims management solutions, legal ‘healthcheck’, pre-sale/ investment workshop and board governance seminars.
Corporate Governance & Companies Act Compliance
George advises management teams, boards of directors and shareholders. Key services include corporate governance, Companies Act compliance, directors duties, governance standards, GDPR, cyber security and protected disclosures.
Recent Work Highlights
- BGF’s multi-million euro investment in Croom Precision Medical
- Ardmac Limited’s equity investment in Cental Engineering Limited
- Ellab A/S, supported by EQT Partners (a private equity fund), on its acquisition of Instrument Technology Limited
- ActionPoint’s acquisition of P2V Systems Limited in Northern Ireland
- The sale of Vale Oil, a leading fuel distributor in the Munster and Leinster region to East Cork Oil, one of Ireland’s largest fuel distributors
- H&MV Engineering’s management buyout (MBO) of MML Capital supported by strategic partners, Novus Technical Services Limited
- Advising Sheils Motor Group in the acquisition of the business and assets of Higgins Motorpark, Galway
- Advising the sellers in the sale of Barringtons Hospital
- Advising the sellers in the sale of Dooley Car Rentals to the Irish subsidiary of US car rental group Enterprise.
- Associate of the Irish Taxation Institute
- Member of Advisory Group at Innovate Limerick
- Member of Sportstech Ireland Advisory Board
- Member of the Law Society of Ireland.
- University College Dublin, BBLS
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Financial Services Law
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law
- Ingenium Smart Choice Leadership Programme, Certificate in Leadership
- Registered Tax Consultant, Irish Taxation Institute
- Admitted to the Law Society of Ireland.
- Banking and Finance
- Commercial Contracts
- Company Secretarial Services
- Corporate Governance and Advisory
- Corporate Recovery
- Data Security and Privacy
- EU, Competition and State Aid
- Intellectual Property
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Investments
- Procurement and Tendering
- Public and Administrative Law
- Regulatory Compliance
- Restructuring and Insolvency