Ciara Downes, Solicitor, is a corporate and commercial advisor. She joined the firm in 2019 as a trainee solicitor and qualified as a solicitor in 2022.
Since joining the firm, Ciara has gained expansive knowledge and experience in the areas of corporate and commercial law.
Ciara provides wide-ranging advice on all aspects of corporate and commercial law including share and asset sales and acquisitions, equity investments and group structuring.
Working with start-up companies on a variety of corporate matters including company formation, company secretarial matters, shareholder agreements, funding arrangements, and broader commercial contracts, Ciara’s wide-ranging expertise enables her to utilise her broad commercial understanding for the benefit of corporate clients in diverse sectors.
Recent Work Highlights
- Advised BHSL Group on their acquisition of Glan Agua Limited, a leading water utilities company in the UK and Ireland.
- Advised Citylink on the acquisition of Go Bus, including bus routes and employee integration.
- Advised Ellab A/S on its expansion into the Irish market, including the acquisitions of Autocal Ireland Limited and Calx Instrumentation Services Limited, leading validation solutions providers to the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
- Advised Renatus Capital Partners on their investment in Allied Imports Limited and Tipperary Crystal.
- Advised H&MV Engineering Limited through the equity investment in the company by Exponent, a UK private equity firm.
- Advised the shareholders of ActionPoint Technology Group on the acquisition of ICT Project Management Limited and advised the sellers on the subsequent acquisition of ActionPoint by Viatel.
- Advised the shareholders of Limerick Packaging on the sale of the company to Zeus Packaging.
- Advised the sellers of a number of insurance brokers on the sale of the companies to Aston Lark, Innovu Insurance and PIB Insurance.
- Member of the Law Society of Ireland
- Chairperson of Sixmilebridge Youth Club
- University of Limerick, LLB
- Admitted to the Law Society of Ireland
- Mediator Academy, Foundation Level Certificate in Commercial Mediation