As our Knowledge Manager Alice Steen is part of our operational leadership team for our four offices in Dublin, Limerick, Cork and London. On joining the firm in 2008 she had practised as a solicitor previously and has since further specialised in learning and development and lean management.
Having a knowledge manager ensures that our practitioners are fully up to date with all legal developments in their areas and that they can access information quickly and efficiently. Our learning and development supports enable solicitors to further specialise and deepen their legal knowledge and business management skills.
Alice is passionate about lifelong learning for the benefit of the individual, the firm and our client service. With post graduate qualifications in teaching and learning, as well as lean management, she successfully plans, designs and manages our learning & development schemes for our professional staff. This includes our tailored in-house Continuing Professional Development (CPD) scheme as well as external training and further qualification plans for staff’s professional and personal development aligned with our corporate strategy.
She promotes use of legal resources and information in-house, disseminating the most up to date legal information in-house. Whilst managing our online legal resources and library, Alice organises and provides training in the most effective use of our legal resources.
A large part of Alice’s role is in coordinating our value-add client services, managing client training and knowledge sharing. There are multiple aspects to this role including provision of updates to clients through newsletters, e-bulletins, web and social media; coordinating client training; conducting knowledge audits to assess client information needs; and assistance in establishing knowledge management systems.
This enables the provision of our services and value-add to the highest standard, delivering them in the most cost-efficient way, supporting and sharing knowledge with clients and the wider community.
As a Level 9 qualified Lean Black Belt, Alice specialises in organisations’ process improvement and continuous improvement which ensures further cost and time efficiencies in our services to our clients.
Alice also has over ten years of specialised experience in overseeing public sector legal services procurement, managing our tender submissions.
Regularly provides in-house training to our solicitors and professional staff
Lectures in broadcast, copyright, defamation, media law, ethics and digital communications in Limerick Institute of Technology
Member of the British and Irish Association of Law Librarians
Member of the Law Society of Ireland.
- University of Liverpool, LLB
- College of Law Chester, Diploma in Legal Practice
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma Family Law
- Limerick Institute of Technology, Certificate in Technology Enhanced Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Limerick Institute of Technology, Certificate in Practice and Reflection in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Limerick Institute of Technology, Certificate in Designing and Adapting Coursework for Blended and Online Learning
- University of Limerick, Specialist Diploma in Quality Management Lean Systems
- Law Society of Ireland, Certificate in Technology Law
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales
- Admitted to the Law Society of Ireland.
- Banking and Finance
- Commercial Contracts
- Commercial Property
- Company Secretarial Services
- Corporate Governance and Advisory
- Corporate Recovery
- Data Security and Privacy
- Debt Recovery
- Employment, Pensions and Benefits
- EU, Competition and State Aid
- Insurance Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation and Disputes
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Investments
- Procurement and Tendering
- Public and Administrative Law
- Regulatory Compliance
- Restructuring and Insolvency
- White Collar Crime
- Construction and Engineering
- Financial Services
- Food, Beverage and Agribusiness
- Healthcare, Pharma and Life Science
- Hospitality and Leisure
- Investing in Ireland
- Not-For-Profit and Charities
- Public Sector
- Real Estate
- Retail and Manufacturing
- Technology, Media and Telecom
- Energy and Natural Resources